In hopes of getting my ass moving on the knitting front, I've joined a whole whack load of KALs. They are:
- Interweave KAL - for this one I started the Tilted Duster and plan to make the Cobblestone sweater for Chris
- Tilted Duster KAL - I think this one pretty much explains itself.
- Central Park Hoodie KAL - I planned to use Brooks Farm Solana, but swiftly changed my mind when I saw the Tilted Duster. My particpation in this KAL will be delayed until I buy some yarn for this sweater.
- Log Cabin Blanket KAL - I only have 6 more balls to knit up, then the border, weaving in ends and I'll have one big ass blanket to cuddle up under.
- Manly Gift KAL - This KAL is doing double duty - I'll be knitting the Cobblestone sweater from the IK Fall 2007 issue for Chris. Well, of course there is yarn to be bought, but that will be easy to do. Romni is only about a 20 minute walk from work.
My life is a bit nutso crazy at home right now because we have a family of four staying with us until about the 3rd week of September. It is a nice nutso crazy, but busy none the less. My friends and their two kids recently moved back to Canada from Australia and are currently waiting for the keys to their house. They feel like nomads and I am glad I have enough room in my house to put them up. Plus, the husband does dishes, unpacks the dishwasher and takes the garbage out - without being asked!
I would love to post pictures of my finished socks, hedgehogs and WIPs, but my husband Chris is in Macedonia until September 19th. Yep, I am pretty much a single mom until then, so my life will be a bit crazy and tiring. Therefore, I might not get the energy to knit at night.
On the bright side of things, hockey season for BOTH my girls will start this weekend, so during practices, I will be able to knit, knit, knit. Normally Maddie is running around the rink while the older one is on the ice, but now both of them will be on the same team, so I will be nice and free! In addition, my older daughter will play on a 2nd team and during those practices, Maddie will get the chance to go on the ice too. Sweet.
Have a good one, and I hope to post more often....
posted by Lisa @ 11:10 a.m.