.post-title { margin:.25em 0; font:bold 130%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#333; } .post-title a, .post-title strong { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_post_title.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; display:block; color:#333; text-decoration:none; padding:0 0 1px 45px; } .post-title a:hover { color:#000; } Knittingupastorm
 

Knitting Up A Storm!


Tuesday, March 06, 2007

This is a picture of myself on our backyard ice rink. I skate maybe twice a year with the girls and thought I would share this picture with you guys. Yes, I wear a helmet and face mask, because I am a very weak skater and need all the protection I can get.

I don't enjoy skating as much as my family, but I usually am outside shouting at them to run their hockey drills faster and better. Both my girls play hockey so we pretty much live in an arena, but frankly, there is nothing better than watching my girls screw around in the backyard on their own rink! They love it and go out in very cold weather, unlike most kids. I guess they are used to it because they both learned to skate at the age of two in this very, very cold weather. Most of the kids they know don't like skating in this weather, but mine don't seem to mind.

On to knitting, I have started two very small projects - Odessa with left over Katia Jamica yarn from my Tulip and End Paper mitts with Patons Kroy sock yarn. I don't feel like knitting anything big at the moment, so these projects should suffice until I do.

I am going to Beaches SnB tomorrow night and I am really looking forward to having an evening to myself - knitting, talking with the ladies and drinking some decaf tea.

Have a good one.

posted by Lisa @ 1:09 p.m. 

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home