Here is a pre-blocking picture of Something Red, er Something Purple. I used the alpaca I bought at this year's MW&SF, made the 37" size and used 10 balls = 1000 yards. Normally I knit about 200 yards or so less than what patterns state you need for my size, so I am quite shocked that I was pretty darn close to the required amount. Wonders never cease do they?
Here is she is:
Next week I will block her and put in the closet until Fall. It is such a shame to have finished this knit, I will miss working on it. The yarn is lovely to knit with and the pattern was DEAD easy, which meant I could take it anywhere with me and not worry about making a mistake. I could knit it when it was light, dark or in between. I LOVED making this sweater. I am considering making it in cotton, because it would be perfect for the cooler summer evenings.
I realize I wasn't going to post until next Monday, however I didn't think I would finish it before the weekend. Plus, my blog is getting a lot of hits from search engines looking for Something Red, and wanted to show the finished product for those wanting to make it. If you do, you will not regret it - it is a great knit!
Oh btw - Brenda
was the lovely lady who gifted the pattern to me. What a great knit bud. Thanks again Brenda.
posted by Lisa @ 8:54 a.m.