.post-title { margin:.25em 0; font:bold 130%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#333; } .post-title a, .post-title strong { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_post_title.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; display:block; color:#333; text-decoration:none; padding:0 0 1px 45px; } .post-title a:hover { color:#000; } Knittingupastorm
 

Knitting Up A Storm!


Monday, April 24, 2006

Well I guess there is a huge reason why this article was written. I have never made a sweater with cap sleeves before and now know why. It wasn't too bad seaming them in, I just used the mattress stitch and everything went smoothly. Except for the fact the sleeves were too wide. So I ripped out the cast off edge, decrease an extra 2 stitches and tried again. Not too bad. I left the seams as is, and hope the steam from the iron will help with flattening them out.

Before I start the next sweater, I will really have to digest the instructions on how to make a perfect cap sleeve, so I spend less time seaming the suckers in.

On the weekend I finished my BIL's future FIL's socks and forgot to take a picture of them before I gave them away. You are not missing much considering they are a plain old sock pattern using chocolate brown Shelridge Farm worsted weight yarn. BTW - he loved them, and was quite surprised I made them because when we were talking about it a few months ago he probably thought it was one big joke.

I started Green Gable, which is such a great pattern and so freaking easy. I do hope I can finish it up before MW&SF so I have a nice new tee to wear. Other than knitting the first skein of the Brooks Farm yarn for my Clapotis, not much knitting to report. I really sound like a broken record. But in the next few weeks I do hope to have Cutaway, Clapotis and Green Gable done.
Have a good one folks.

posted by Lisa @ 12:06 PM 

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home