Knitting? Lots of it here baby. I finished knitting Cutaway and will block her this week. Once she is dry I am going to promptly pick up the stitches to knit the border and then seam her. I am not going to procrastinate with this one. The weather is improving and she will be a great asset to my wardrobe.
I have finished the front and back of the baby sweater I am making for a friend's baby girl! Yeah he had a girl, so this little sweater will be perfect for her to wear in a few weeks. On to the sleeves, seaming and that will be that. This sweater is so easy - knit 4 squares, sew them together and you have a perfect little gift.
I have SnB tonight, so those little sleeves and Clapotis are coming with me. Not much to report on Clapotis, I am getting a bit bored with this knit because those straight rows are such a bitch to knit. Why? BORING, boring, BORING. Did I say boring? Oh yeah, really boring until you get to row 8 when you get to drop the stitches. And after about 4 times of dropping stitches, that gets kind of stale too. The Brook Farm yarn I am using has mohair in the yarn, so dropping them is a bit of a pain, I have to be very careful not to rip anything. Ah!
But I will keep on knitting on this thing, because I would like to go to MW&SF this year knowing I knit over half of the yarn I bought there last year. These are my finds from last year's festival:
- 3 skeins of Tess Design sock yarn. Knit 1 skein, gave 1 away and have 1 left over
- 2 skeins of Brook Farm Harmony - hopefully knit both before May
- 3 skeins of 100% wool (can't remember which company) - still in stash
- 1 skein of Puck Farm 100% cotton - This is the Flower Basket Shawl. I am about 1/3 of the way finished, and highly doubt I will have it done before May, but I am going to give it my best
- 1 skein of Puck Farm 100% rayon - still in stash waiting to become a nice wavy patterned scarf.
So I guess if things go my way, I will knit about half and not feel so bad about adding more from MW&SF. April will be a very busy month for me at work, so chances are slim, but I am going to keep the positive vibes going!
Have a great one folks.
posted by Lisa @ 11:01 AM