Here is my in progress shot of M's socks:
If you look closely you will notice the unfinished sock does not have a ball of yarn attached to the end of it because I ran out of yarn. I did expect this to happen, however I still committed to making her a pair with the left over yarn from my cable/rib socks. I did this because Corrie is making a pair of socks for herself with the same colour and will give me her left overs to finish up M's. Plus the other part of my plan was to force Corrie to finish up her first pair of socks - if she know I am waiting, her socks will get priorty. Plus, she needs something small to carry with her on her way to Hawaii.
She better have a pair of socks and her leftovers when she returns, or else.
I also started a pair of socks for me using Fleece Artist sock yarn on 2.5mm needles and they were too big, so I ripped it out and started again using 2.25mm and these socks seem too big as well. Maybe I need to rip them out and cast on less than 60 stitches. Hmm, I have no idea why they are so freaking loose. Or maybe I 'll give them to my girlfriend who as a bigger calf and larger foot then me and buy myself some more of the FA sock yarn.
Yeah, that sounds like a great plan.
It appears I am full of plans this week. Let's hope they are all successful.
Have a good one folks.
posted by Lisa @ 4:28 p.m.