Apparently I'm experiencing issues knitting hats. The helmet hat shown two posts ago, is too big, and the Newsboy cap from SnB nation - HUGE. I will start the cap over again this weekend with much smaller needles, and hope it will be okay. It is difficult to tell if the hat is too big when you are using 16" circulars, all the stitches are so scrunched up. I really can't tell until the moment hits me - you have knit too much.
I have been knitting and think I'm making progress on the various items on the go.
- The Flower Basket Shawl is well into the 3rd of 7 repeats. Not bad, not bad. Quite happy I am starting to memorize each row, so that makes it go oh so much faster.
- The YO, K2tog stole is coming along. I'm using some kind of ribbon yarn, which BTW, looks so much better on large than the called for needles. I would like to wear this on New Year's Eve with my nice strapless dress, so I better get cracking.
- The Rib/Cable socks are at the 2nd repeat of 5.
- The ESS is not coming along, but then again I can't really tell. Knitting from the top down is a slow process. I am not sure how Wendy at Knit and Tonic knits her top downs so quickly.
- Bob - just sitting in the WIP basket. Not really sure this is a WIP, considering I only cast on the required stitches.
- And you know the story of the Newsboy cap.
I hope to have the 1st cable/rib sock at the heel this weekend, but we will see. I usually don't have alot of time to knit on the weekend. Too busy being a chauffeur to my girls. I knew this day was coming, but I thought they would be like, 10 and 8 years old before it started. Guess I was wrong.
Have a good one.
posted by Lisa @ 9:18 AM